by charlottecountyglass | Dec 15, 2016 | Custom Glass Shelves
Custom Glass Shelves
If you are looking to add more storage space but are unsure of how or where to add it consider having glass shelves installed. Glass shelves are a wonderful option to allow you to get the extra storage space that you may need while adding a touch of elegance to your home. Glass shelves can be installed in many areas of your home including the kitchen, bar area, bathroom, dining room or bedroom.
Benefits of Glass Shelves
- Glass shelves can accent any type of décor
- More attractive than wood or metal shelving units
- Saves on flooring space
- Pleasing, elegant appearance
- Strong and durable
- Allows light to shine through creating a stunning look
In addition to these benefits, glass shelving can come in a variety of lengths, depths and thicknesses. Glass shelves also come in multiple shapes such as square, rectangle, triangle, quarter circle or quarter pentagon which can be installed in corners of rooms.
Types of Glass Shelves
- Custom Glass Shelves
- Floating Glass Shelves
- Kitchen Glass Shelves
- Bathroom Glass Shelves
- Wall Mounted Glass Shelves
- Bar Glass Shelves
With the many benefits, the flexibility of size, length and shape and the large variety of types, it is no wonder why glass shelves are so popular and more and more people are turning to glass shelves when adding improvements and updating their home décor.
Who to Call
Charlotte County Glass creates custom glass shelves for both commercial and residential clients. We can create glass shelves based on your specifications or help transform your ideas into a reality. We can create your glass shelf in may shapes and sizes. Call us today for a free consultation.
by charlottecountyglass | Oct 6, 2016 | bay windows, bow windows, windows
Bay vs. Bow Windows
When you are looking for a way to add a little something extra to the look of one of the rooms in your home consider installing a bay or bow window. Bay and bow windows are a terrific way to add beauty and elegance to any room. They can be installed in living rooms, kitchens, bedrooms or dining rooms. Bay and bow windows can open up your room and make it more spacious while letting in more natural light. Many homeowners admire the looks of bay and bow windows although some are unsure of how the two windows differ. Bay and Bow windows are two very similar types of windows, but there are some differences between the two.
Differences Between Bay and Bow Windows
Although the appearance of bay and bow windows are very similar, there are differences in the overall structure of the two. Some of these differences include:
- Number of Windows Creating the Arc – Bay and bow windows both create an arc shape as they project outward from the wall, but bay windows are typically built with 3 windows and bow windows are created with 4 or more windows.
- Structure of the Windows – The structure of the 3 windows of a bay window consist of one larger window in the center with 2 smaller windows on the sides. The structure of the 4+ panels of a bow window is more curved giving the appearance a more rounded shape.
- Amount of Natural Light – Bow windows typically allow more light into the room since bow windows contain more window panels than bay windows.
- View of Outdoors – Since bay windows consist of one larger picture window in the center, this offers a better unobstructed view of the outdoors versus the 4-5 window panels of bow windows.
Benefits of Bay and Bow Windows
Regardless of the differences between bay and bow windows, there are still many benefits which both types of windows offer such as:
- Increased Natural Light
- Adds Space and Depth to Any Room
- Energy Efficient
- Adds Value to Your Home
Who to Call
Whichever type of window you should decide to consider for your home, the experts at Charlotte County Glass are here to help. Charlotte County Glass has been the window specialists all across Port Charlotte and surrounding areas for over 23 years. Call us today to discuss your options for bay and bow windows.
by charlottecountyglass | Sep 15, 2016 | Mirrors
Custom Framed Mirrors
When you are building or remodeling your home many people choose to upgrade items in their house. Some of the more common items which are upgraded are things like flooring, appliances, windows, and doors. What some people do not consider are the mirrors. Mirrors in a standard home are typically your basic sheet glass mirrors. Sheet glass mirrors are great for functionality as well as economically, but they do not do much when you are trying to create your own unique style with a more personal décor. Whether you are looking to change or enhance the style and décor in your bathroom, bedroom or any other room in your home considering the thought of investing in custom framed mirrors can make all the difference.
Types of Custom Framed Mirrors
- Bathroom or Vanity Mirrors – Depending on the type of bathroom or vanity you have, the mirror you choose can really change the look of your room. You can choose one large mirror or two smaller ones for a double vanity.
- Floor Length Mirrors – Floor length mirrors are perfect for bedrooms. They can be used when getting dressed while adding brightness and creating the illusion of openness and space.
- Hallway Mirrors – Hallway mirrors can add depth while opening up the typically confined spaces of hallways.
- Living or Dining Room Mirrors – Living or Dining room mirrors can make a statement while brightening the look and feel of the room.
Custom framed mirrors can add a personal touch to any room in your home. There are many different frame styles, colors and frame widths to choose from. Custom framed mirrors are unique and can come in a variety of sizes, large or small. They can help give your room the look you are trying to achieve whether it is contemporary, rustic, or traditional. The next time you are looking to upgrade or alter the looks of a room in your home, consider investing in custom framed mirrors.
by charlottecountyglass | May 17, 2016 | Front Entry Doors |
Choosing a Front Entry Door
Choosing the right type of entry door for your home is a very important decision to make. The entrance to your home is more than just a door to enter and exit your house, it a part of your home which gets a lot of exposure. The entry door to your home is the place where you greet and welcome family and friends, it is the part of your home that must be strong enough to keep your family safe from unwanted intruders and also tough enough to withstand the harshness of all types of weather. The entry door to your home makes a statement about the family living inside. It is the first impression made to guests and helps enhance the aesthetics and curb appeal of your home.
Things to Consider When Selecting Your Entry Door
- Type of Material – The most important decision when choosing your door is the type of material. There are several types of materials for doors such as: wood, fiberglass or steel, and within each type there are a few differences which will affect the performance, durability and longevity of your door.
- Size – Measuring the size of your entryway is important. Standard entry doors are 80 inches tall by 36 inches wide and approximately 2 inches thick. Not all entry ways are standard size and some entrances are double door entryways. If you are unsure on how to measure your entrance, don’t hesitate to contact Charlotte County Glass for help.
- Style – The style of your exterior door can complement your home and adds to the curb appeal. There are many styles to choose from when selecting your entry door such as: solid wood doors, wood panels, glass panels or decorative glass.
Your front entry door is an investment in your home. It can represent your family’s style and personality while adding value and curb appeal to your home. Take your time when choosing the door for your entrance way. Research the materials, choices and styles, and contact the professionals at Charlotte County Glass for more information.
by charlottecountyglass | Feb 1, 2016 | shower enclosures |
Glass Shower Enclosures
Whether you are designing your new bathroom or remodeling your current one, a glass shower enclosure can make all the difference. Glass shower enclosures add a touch of elegance and style to any bathroom. Bathrooms come in many different shapes, sizes and styles, by having a custom glass shower enclosure you can complement the design and the décor of your bathroom to create your own personal spa.
Types of Glass Shower Enclosures
When investing in your glass shower enclosure, it is helpful to speak with the experts at Charlotte County Glass to learn more about the options available. There are many different types of options to choose from when redesigning your bathroom. Some of these choices include:
- Sliding Glass Shower Doors
- Aluminum and Glass Enclosures
- Frameless Glass Shower Enclosures
- Glass Bathtub Enclosures
Along with the different options of enclosures available, there are also choices to make regarding the type of glass you would like to create your spa. Custom glass panels or shower doors can come in clear glass to create the sense of openness and to show off the custom tiles inside the shower. Glass panels can also come with textures or patterns to combine the sense of style and privacy for your shower. Regardless of what type of enclosure or glass you choose, there are many benefits for choosing a glass shower enclosure.
Benefits of Glass Shower Enclosures
- Easy Maintenance- Glass shower enclosures are enjoyed by many due to easy maintenance.
- Variety- Offers a variety of options for types of enclosures and glass panel choices.
- Aesthetics- Glass shower enclosures add elegance and style to any bathroom.
- Investment- Glass shower enclosures are an investment in your home that lasts.
Who to Call
Charlotte County Glass has been servicing Port Charlotte and the surrounding areas for over 20 years. Our knowledgeable staff can help you choose the right type of glass shower enclosure and create the type of bathroom that you have always dreamed of having.
by charlottecountyglass | Nov 11, 2015 | Replacement Windows |
For most people a house is the largest purchase they will ever make. With home ownership comes pride as well as responsibility. How well your house looks as well as how efficient it operates is important to many homeowners. Replacement windows are a great way to help your house look better, lower your utility bills, and even protect the contents of your house.
Many people who choose to have replacement windows installed on their house do so for a new look. Other people replace their windows because they no longer operate correctly, they may not open, close or seal properly. The other main reason people install replacement windows is for the efficiency updated windows can provide. While looks and security are both important, the efficiency is what is going to help keep more money in your pocket every month.
High Efficiency windows work because they serve as a better insulation. By keeping hot or cold air out the need for cooling and heating is reduced. Certain replacement windows can also reduce the amount of UV light that enters your home. This reduction in UV light will reduce fading to the contents of your house. These factors should be taken into consideration when choosing your replacement windows.
Charlotte County Glass has been helping educate people on the benefits of replacement windows for over 20 years. The experienced staff at Charlotte County glass would enjoy taking the time to learn more about your needs. Call today for more information.